Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sigma Makeup Beauty on the go Fun Colors Kit: Review


Sigma Makeup (http://sigmamakeup.com/index.html) had a Valentines day sale a couple of weeks ago. After reading a ton of reviews, I finally decided to get the Fun Colors palette. It was $27 on sale ($36 regular price) which included 4 eye shadows, 1 empty palette, and a free travel sized 217 brush. Shipping was $6 priority mail and I got the package within a week of placing the order.
The Fun Colors kit included 4 colors: Sweet Virginia, I've Got The Blues, Playing With Fire and Sweet Lady Jane. Also, these eye shadows are huge! Each contains 4 grams (compared to 1.5 grams from MAC) so I think these will last forever. Each shadow comes in an individual case, which you can pop out and place into the empty quad. I like how the names of each color are visible from the back of the quad.

Swatches (no base, natural light)
Sweet Virginia (greyish purple), Playing with Fire (golden-copper), I've Got The Blues (deep blue), Sweet Lady Jane (dark green)


Overall Thoughts
I must say I'm impressed with the quality of these shadows. The texture is very soft and blends easily with other shadows. These shadows are very pigmented, but I don't like all the shimmer. There are no matte shadows, and I don't think any of the other kits have mattes either. I personally prefer satin/pearl eye shadows over glittery ones. I got fallout with these shadows, but it's not nearly as bad as Urban Decay. I think if you tap off excess shadow and use a good primer, fallout should be minimal. I really wish this palette had at least one matte shade, but other than that, I think this was a really good deal for the amount of product you get.
Overall I'm quite pleased with this set and I love the SS217 blending brush that came with it. I'm not sure if I would purchase anymore makeup from Sigma in the future (the other kits have mostly neutral shades, but I will consider getting the brush sets), but I'm happy with this purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment