Thursday, July 8, 2010

ELF Eye Transformer Review

I ordered the ELF Eye Transformer palette after reading some reviews to try it for myself. I got it in the mail a few days ago and have been using it for the past couple days. The palette comes with 4 shadows: green, gold, pink/purple, and blue. This is meant to use over a dark base to create different colors. This was $3 from the ELF website and it comes with a ton of product.
The shadows have a nice smooth texture, but they're a bit powdery. I've tried these over a black eyeshadow and over a black liner, and I find the colors come off much more vibrant over an eyeliner. I think a very dark base would work best with these shadows. I've been wearing this on my lower lash line for the past couple days and they're pretty long wearing over eyeliner. I thought it would give off a stronger effect, but it's quite subtle on my eyes. It would be nice if they would come off a bit brighter. All the colors are really pretty, but I like te blue and green the best.
Swatches (L: Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero, R: NYX shadow in black):
Overall I think this is a decent product for $3. I wish they were more vibrant, but I like the pearly effect it gives over eyeliner. I probably wouldn't use this alone or over shadows, but maybe over a dark cream shadow. This is a good value because you get 4 different colors from 1 palette, and it's a steal for only $3. Overall, I would reccomend this, but I wouldn't repurchase (it will last forever anyway).

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to see you got the Transformer Palette! It's pretty neat and at only 3 bucks, you can't really beat the price.

    ReplyDelete