Friday, October 8, 2010

Swap Haul


This is a recent haul/review of things I've gotten over the past couple weeks through swapping.
ELF Palette: MAC Trax, Grain and Grape pressed pigment
Prestige eye shadow: Royale ($2 at Longs when it was 40% off)
Urban Decay Deluxe shadow in Ruthless
I didn't realize I had bought so many purple eye shadows recently, but I figured it was time I had some good purple shadows to work with.
I'm really loving all these shadows, but my least favorite is probably Trax. I've heard rave reviews about this color from MAC, and it is really pretty, but I can't stand the glitter in it. Granted, the fallout isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm not the biggest fan of glittery shadows. But I'll probably be keeping this because I really love the color.
The pressed Grape pigment from MAC is also really nice. It's different from a lot of other pigments I've used from MAC because it actually looks pretty matte in the pan, with some glitter here and there. The pigmentation is decent, although I think it would be a lot better lose than pressed. It's a true purple color while I've been looking for.
I'm also really liking the Prestige eye shadow in Royale. This had such good pigmentation and it's a nice purple with a strong blue undertone. This blends pretty nicely and overall it was a really good deal. I got this for 40% off and only paid $2, but at regular price, it's still really cheap. I would definitly check out more of their shadows in the future.
Lastly, I'm in love with the neutrals I got, Grain and Ruthless. These are really pretty for a wash of color on the lid. I've been using grain almost everyday and I think it's a nice alternative to Sahara by NYX, which is what I usually use. Ruthless is really nice, and although it looks brown in the pan, it goes on gray/taupe-ish which is really pretty. Both shadows are soft and go on nicely. These two are my favorite about of the bunch!

Swatches:
Taken in natural light, over Soft Ocher paint pot.Grape pigment, Grain, Trax
Royale, Ruthless

No comments:

Post a Comment