Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Earth Day Discounts & Freebies

Here are a few earth day discounts and freebies I found browsing online.
Origins
“We’ll trade you for FREE. One day only – 4/22. Bring your current skincare to any Origins counter and we’ll trade it for a full-size of one of our gentle, high-performance cleansers. Choose either: Checks and Balances™ Frothy face wash Or a Perfect World™ Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Value up to $20!”
Check out their Facebook page for more details. It says any skincare product, but there have been discrepancies as to whether it's any skincare product or cleanser that's eligible to trade in. Here is the official FB event. I think I'll be going to the actual store instead of the Macys counter at Ala Moana to avoid any discrepancy. People have been posting on facebook that some counters are not participating in this promo. I've decided to trade in my really (5-year old unopened) old bottle of my dreaded Proactiv cleanser. It's been sitting in the original box under my bathroom sink, so I figured I'd get rid of it.

The Body Shop
20% off discount until 4/25. I might get that banana shampoo I've been wanting to try...

Target
So this is a bit late. Apparently they gave out free recyclable totes on April 18 in honor of Earth Week. However, Target also has a promo with Newsweek. The April 14th issue has a special mailer which you can fill with Target bags, and send in the (prepaid) envelope for a $1 coupon good for a Retote bag (made from the recycled plastic bags).
I thought this was a pretty cool idea. I haven't checked out the issue of Newsweek, but I think I might pick up one for myself.

Btw, Avatar also comes out on DVD/Bluray on Earth Day! My sister works at Blockbuster so she's pre ordered a copy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment