Saturday, March 13, 2010

Summer Internship!!

So I'm finally done with midterms! These past 2 weeks have been crazy busy! But I do have some exciting news. So about a month ago a professor of mine passed out fliers informing us about a summer internship in Matsuyama this summer. It's 80-90 days long and a paid internship. I have known about this since my freshman year in college and always wanted to apply, but I didn't think I would get in, so I opted not to. About a week ago she encouraged people to submit applications because they hadn't received that many, so I talked with her after class and she said I would be a good candidate. I only had 2 days to finish the application, so I did and turned it in right before the deadline.
This past Wednesday I had an interview, and I got a call Thursday morning telling me that I had been nominated as a candidate for this internship. Unfortunately the decision isn't finalized yet, and I still have to submit letters of recommendation and a lot of other paperwork, but I think there's a good chance I will go back this summer. I'm scrambling to turn in everything by next Wednesday, so wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment