Tuesday, June 21, 2011

NOTD: Essie Turquoise and Caicos


So...there is definitely a love-hate relationship with this nail polish. This color was really hyped on Youtube as a great summer color, and I've been wanting to try a mint green nail polish for a while now. I got this while Essie was still on sale at Longs so I got it for about $6.
I was so disappointed with this one! I loved the other Essie nail polish I got so I thought this one would be similar but the formula was just SO hard to work with. Maybe it's just that I'm not good at applying nail polish in the first place, but the consistency was quite runny and very streaky when applied on my nails. I used the usual 2 coats and still found it patchy and streaky as you can see in the picture. I used 3 coats on the ones that looked really bad, but just stuck with two on the rest since I don't plan on wearing this for long.
I love the color and it has the same glossy finish as the other Essie polish I have, which is the only good things I can say about this. I probably won't be using this again. Anyone have suggestions for another mint green nail polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment