Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chocomize Review!

So I really needed a last-minute gift idea for Valentines day.  I watched a video from sccastaneda last week for a cheap Valentines day gift idea.  It was for custom made chocolate bars, which I thought would be the perfect idea!  The site is called Chocomize and they specialize in make-your-own chocolate bars.  You can chose from dark, milk or white Belgian chocolate and a huge selection of toppings.  They have everything from dried fruits and candy, to spices and even bacon.  The prices are reasonable as well.  I chose a dark chocolate bar which starts at $4.50, and each topping is an additional charge.  I chose dried cranberries ($0.85) and dried raspberries ($1.20).  I also added a "My Valentine" plaque as well, and the total cost came to $8.15.  You can even name your chocolate bar, which they print on a label.  Shipping was $4.95.  Apparently the shipping is a flat-rate no matter how many bars you get.  
Shipping was super fast.  I was worried I wasn't going to get it in time for Valentines day, but I got my shipping email on Thursday and it was delivered by Saturday.  They used USPS first-class mail, so I don't know if it was just me, but the shipping was incredibly fast.  Chocolate arrived just fine and didn't melt in the mailbox, which I was really worried about.  I thought the packaging was really cute too.  
Regarding taste, I was a bit skeptical at first as to how good it would be.  I love dark chocolate, and I have to say I was very impressed with the quality.  It's 70% dark chocolate and very smooth and creamy.  It pairs very nicely with the fruits!
I highly recommend this site!  If you ever need a quick gift idea and know someone who loves chocolate, this is definitely a unique option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment