Saturday, February 11, 2012

Myglam January Bag Review

So I know this is a little late, but here is my review of my first Glam Bag from Myglam.  For those not familiar with Myglam, it's similar to Birchbox, a subscription service where you receive sample sized products each month to try out.  It costs $10 a month (same as Birchbox) and you get a cute makeup bag with each months samples.  Unlike Birchbox, everyone gets the same products, and sometimes they will announce the products in the bag so you know what you're getting.
Here's what I got this month:
Sheer Cover Duo Concealer in Light/Medium, 3g
Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner, 2oz
Freeman Cucumber Facial Peel Off Masque, 6oz (this one is a full sized product)
theBalm Hot Ticket Nail Polish in Sky Blue Right Past You (also a full sized product)

As you can see, with two full sized products and two very good sample sizes, this bag is an excellent value!  Also included are coupons exclusively for Myglam subscribers:
16% off Freeman Brauty Feeling Beautiful Trio
$19.95 + s/h for $100 in makeup and gifts from Sheercover
$20 off WEN Healthy Hair Care System
For $10 this bag is totally worth the money.  Although it's a good value, I have mixed feelings about the products I received.  I am definitely planning to try out the Wen treatment, and perhaps the cucumber masque, but I don't think I will be using the other two samples.  I don't use concealer so this is going up for swap on MUA.  I'm quite surprised they included concealer considering everyone got the same light/medium shade.  I feel bad for people with darker skin tones because its definitely too light.  Another thing I wasn't too happy about was the nail polish.  Don't get me wrong, I like nail polish, but the color is hideous and I would never wear it.  Secondly, the bag was supposed to have either the nail polish or an eye shadow.  I thought I was going to be getting the eye shadow since you technically can't ship nail polish outside of the continental USA, but perhaps they didn't take that into consideration for HI and AK subscribers.
Overall, a great value for $10.  I hope February's bag will not disappoint!  Anyone else a Myglam subscriber?  What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment