Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stila Smuge Stick Review

I received a sample sized Stila Smudge Stick in Peacock in my January Birchbox.  I've been wanting to try this out for such a long time after hearing good reviews about it, and I've been using it for the past week or so.  I really love the color.  It's a really pretty teal-blue color that looks amazing as a pop of color on the upper lashline, or even on the lower lash line. 
The application is amazingly smooth, and the product is very pigmented.  This claims to be long-lasting, and I must say when I wear this on my upper lash line, it does last all day.  It may be smudged a little at the end of a long day, but the color is still vibrant and it holds up well on my oily lids.  On my lower lashline however, it smudged really badly even with a primer.  I only wore it that way once, and while it looked good at first, within a few hours it had smudged and looked like a mess.  
A couple cons to note: removing this eyeliner is tough.  It really is long lasting!  It took me at least 3 cotton pads of makeup remover to completely remove the eyeliner.  I'm not sure if it was just my makeup remover, but it smudged it all over my eyes and it took forever to take it all off.  Even after a shower I still had a blue ring around my eyes.  Also, I'm not sure if it's just because it's a sample size, but it takes forever for the product to come out of the tube.  I thought it was broken at first because after twisting the bottom for so long, nothing was happening.  But after some some research on Google, apparently this is a common problem with the smudge sticks, so you just have to be patient.  Eventually the product did come up, it just took a while.
Overall I really do like this eyeliner and I'm glad I got to try a sample of it.  I'm definitely thinking about getting a full sized one in black too.  Anyone else a fan of these?

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I have tagged you in my recent post and you have been awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award! Please check it out here

    http://vixenslovee.blogspot.com/2012/02/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete