Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April Myglam Glam Bag Review

Well I just got my Myglam bag for April.  I was really hoping for some better things this month, but I'm beginning to think this might not be worth the money each month.  I was pretty disappointed with the items in this month's bag.
First of all, the bag is absolutely hideous!  It's a gross metallic pink, kind of has a  fake leather feel to it.  It's probably just my opinion, but it's definitely not something I would use (perhaps if it were a different color.)  It feels very cheap and has a weird smell to it (like paint), very similar to the bag last month.  Here is what was included this month:
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Ransom
Dermstore Lip Quench Moisture Infused Lip Treatment
All-Belle False Eyelashes
Myglam All Over Shadow Brush and Eyeliner Brush
Like I had suspected last month, they included two more mini brushes.  The one they included last month came in a plastic wrapping, but these don't.  I'm not sure why, but I think it might be a little more sanitary that way.  The brushes are a lot smaller than the one from last month and don't feel so nice.  They're a little scratchy, but thankfully they don't smell nearly as bad as the other one I got.  I'm not crazy about the false lashes either since I don't use them.  I also wish the packaging was in English, or came with an English translation.
I'm pleased with the Urban Decay eyeliner.  I was scared I was going to get a weird color like the bright pink one, but I'm happy with the color I got (Ransom).  I don't really need another purple eyeliner, but this will be nice to try out.  I did try out the lip balm today and it's alright.  It seems to have a slight tint to it and a fruity scent, which I'm not that fond of.  But it is very moisturizing and a good size too.  I liked these two samples the best out of the bag.
I also noticed there was no full-sized product included this time, nor were there any coupons.  I feel like there is a lack of variety with Myglam.  We've already seen a bag with Urban Decay and Dermstore, two bags in the past have had Freemans products and we got more makeup brushes in this bag too.  It sucks to see that the products have been going downhill.  I feel like the first bag was so promising, but since then I've yet to find one that I'm impressed with.  I'm a little tired of getting drugstore and infomercial type products with Myglam.  I also feel like they only send skin/hair care products rather than makeup.  I think the first bag in December was all makeup, but since then I've noticed there have been less and less makeup products, so I'd definitely like to see more of that.  I think I will be canceling my subscription this month and sticking with Birchbox.  Although they are sometimes a hit or miss, I feel like they have more variety and I actually use the stuff I get in my Birchbox.  
Anyone else get a Myglam bag this month?  What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment