Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tag: 40 Beauty Questions

Feel free to do this one! I'd love to hear other people's favorites as well.

SKINCARE
-How many times do you wash your face daily?
At least once a day, before I go to bed. Usually try to wash my face in the morning too, but sometimes I don't have time.

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
I have really oily skin. Sometimes combination because I tend to get dry spots on my cheeks.

-What is your current facial wash?
I either use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser or Basis Sensitive Skin bar.

-Do you exfoliate?
Yeah, I usually do it in the shower.

-What brand do you use?
I use Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub. It's pretty gentle and I can use it multiple times a week.

-What moisturizer do you use?
I use Purpose Redness Reducing Moisturizer for daytime and Cetaphil at night. I've recently started using the Up and Up brand from Target. Not sure if I like it yet.

-Do you have freckles?
Nope

-Do you use eye cream?
Yeah but I recently got a rash under my eye from the medication I was taking so I've stopped using it for now.

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Yeah, I've had acne since I was in 6th grade, so about 11 years. I've yet to see clear skin, but I have a daily routine down so it helps to keep it under control.

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Yeah, I think I used it when I was in high school. That stuff was horrible...worst stuff ever.

MAKE-UP
-What foundation do you use?
I don't use foundation because of my skin, but I have tried Everyday Minerals and BB cream in the past.

-How about concealer?
No concealer either.

-Do you know your undertone color?
Yeah, it's yellow/warm.

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
Never tried them and I don't intend to. I hear they can be a bit heavy on your lids.

-Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yeah but I rarely use mascara.

-What brand of mascara do you use?
I've used Maybelline Full n Soft and Smashbox Bionic Mascara and both were alright.

-Sephora or MAC?
I have a lot of MAC stuff, but Sephora has a variety of brands, so I would chose Sephora.

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nope

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Sigma 217 brush is awesome! I also use my ELF eyeshadow brush, ELF blending brush and the ELF studio contour brush a lot.

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yeah. I have the oiliest lids ever so I need a primer. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I've tried UDDP and it sucked...thankfully it was only a sample.

-For the face?
Nope

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
NYX Sahara and MAC Tea Time pigment and Patina are pretty neutral colors. Trax, Fig.1, and Moonflower are really nice too.

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I like my liquid liner for quick application. I use Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner...stays on all day. For pencil I either use Revlon Colorstay or Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners.

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
They're alright, but I don't use them too often. I hate the fallout that I get, but I do use it on occasion.

-Do you use mineral makeup?
I've tried EDM and it was alright. Not a huge fan though.

-What is your favorite lipstick?
I don't usually wear lipstick.

-How about lipgloss?
Stila Lip Glaze or MAC tendertones.

-What is your favorite blush to use?
Don't use blush.

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
Never.

-Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yeah

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
We don't have them in Hawaii.

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Nope

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Sometimes...I guess if I'm really tired in the mornings.

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
I hate really thick black liner =/

-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I like both...especially purples and blues, but neutrals are good too.

-Which celebrity always has great make up?
no idea

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
eyeliner

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Yeah. The one thing I hate about my face is my acne, but I would never cover it up with makeup becuase I will probably break out.

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Not sure. I like MAC eyeshadow, but I think some DS eyeliner is just as good as higher end ones.

-What do you think of Makeup?
It's a good way to express yourself and it makes me feel artistic...since I'm horrible at drawing or any other kind of art.

1 comment: