Thursday, March 1, 2012

Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil Review

Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencils
Last month Hautelook had another Urban Decay sale!  I bought the 23/7 Shadow Pencil mini set, which was only $12, as well as another Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden. You get 5 mini sized shadow pencils with a nice combination of colors, which include:
Delinquent , Rehab, Juju, Sin, Clash
Swatches:
L-R: Delinquent, Rehab, Juju, Sin, Clash
Each mini pencil has 2.5g of product, and compared to the full sized ones which are only 2.8g (for $20) so these are definitely a great value at only $12.  As far as I see, all the colors are available in full size on the Urban Decay website except Juju.  These sets are a great way to try out the product before you but the full size, although I think the mini size will last quite a while.
As far as the quality goes, these are very creamy and easy to blend.  Application is very smooth and pigmented.  What I like is that you can build the color, so if you prefer a more sheer or opaque coverage, you can do either.  These do have a bit of fine glitter in them, but because they're creamy there's no fallout.  I usually hate glitter in eyeshadows, but these look very pretty on the eyes.  I wore Juju yesterday just as a light wash of color all over my lids and it lasted about 7 hours before creasing.  I did use a primer underneath. so this did pretty well on my very oily lids.  I'd say these are about as good as the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows, but you get a much better color selection with the UD pencils.
Overall I highly recommend these!  My favorite colors are Delinquent and Juju.  If you can get your hands on a mini set like this, definitely pick one up!

1 comment:

  1. Urban Decay's pigmentation always looks great for the most part and those eyeliners are pigmented true to the makers name.

    Ah I can't stand ordering from hautelook cause shipping takes forever but you can't deny the prices are good. I'm sure too that the liners will last a while, clash is a fun colour but I'd be stumped on how to wear it.

    ReplyDelete