Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Review: Hunger Games

Ok, so I literally just finished this book a couple of hours ago, and I just have to write about it!  I had heard so many good things about this series and I have to say it does live up to the hype.  I finished this book in well under 48 hours, so I think that says a lot.
A quick plot summary: The story, which takes place in a futuristic America, revolves around an annual event known as the Hunger Games, a fight to the death basically.  If you've ever read or seen Battle Royale it's a similar concept minus the exploding collars.  There are 12 districts that America is divided into, and each year, two kids from each district are randomly chosen to participate in the Hunger Games.  The story follows the main character Katniss and her struggles playing the game. 
The plot is amazing and this book definitely draws you in from the beginning.  It's a page-turner, very fast paced and exciting, yet there is some romance at the same time.  Character development is also amazing and you grow attached to so many characters throughout the book.  It's been a while since I've been so engrossed in a book, so this was quite refreshing.  This book is a really quick and easy read!
Hunger Games is the first in a series of three books.  Catching Fire and Mocking Jay are the two following books.  I've already started Catching Fire and I hope I'll finish up the series by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment