Sunday, September 4, 2011

Small update!

Still can't believe it's already September!  It feels like this year is flying by....just 4 more months left!
This past month has been pretty eventful.  My birthday was on the 19th and I had a nice dinner with my parents, who I haven't seen much of lately since I moved out of the house.  I'm currently living in Nuuanu now, so a bit closer to work and town.  The place we are renting now is cheap and small, but cozy, and I'm enjoying living on my own again. 
I also made a year at work as of the 17th which has caused me to reevaluate things a bit.  Trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life had me feeling a bit lost, and (can't believe I'm saying this...) wishing I was still back in school.  I thought about going back to school this semester, but couldn't afford paying for it on my own.  There are so many places I want to go and things I want to do.  I feel like doing something spontaneous, but the practical side of me wants to just work and save money.  I've been reading a lot of RTW travel blogs lately and it's just so inspirational.  Oh well, some day soon, hopefully! 
This brought me to thinking about applying for the JET (Japan Exchange and Teaching) Program.  Among the positions available are Coordinator for International Relations (CIR) which requires proficiency in Japanese.  I really want to go back to Japan, and the pay is quite good (considering the horrendous exchange rate now), so I figured I might as well apply and see what happens.  I know many people who have applied for JET in the past but have never even gotten an interview, so wish me luck!  If anyone has any experience with the application process or has been with the JET program, any advice is appreciated!
I'll end this blog here.  Hopefully I'll be updating this more often, and posting more travel blogs from Europe (5 months late!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment