Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 2011 Birchbox Review


So I finally received my much anticipated Birchbox for September a couple of days ago.  I didn't really know what to expect, but after reading some disappointing reviews online, I tried not to get my hopes up.  This box included 4 samples and a couple extra items thrown in.  I got:
Resilient Blinc Mascara
Girly Harvey Prince Prefume
Adventurous Incoco Nail Polish Applique (leopard print)
Practical Jouer Lip Enhancer
Extra Lash Card and Birchbox friendship bracelet were the two extras.

Overall, I wish the samples were a little bigger.  I know they're just samples, but I feel like you can get better sized trial products from Sephora.  I have to say, the packaging is really cute and the shipping was really fast.  I think I got my box within a couple of days of receiving my shipping confirmation email. 
I pretty much like everything I got and I'll probably give each item a try.  I've tried the Jouer Lip Enhancer and it's quite nice, but not something I would buy full-sized.  I'm excited to try the nail polish strips and the blinc mascara.  Just from the description alone, I know I'm not too crazy about the perfume, but I might give it a try anyway. 
For this being my first Birchbox, I'm not too impressed, but I wasn't disappointed either.  I think I will continue my subscription for another month and hopefully the next box will be more promising.  Does anyone else have a Birchbox subscription?  Do you think it's worth the money?

No comments:

Post a Comment